WHAT IS JAVA?
JAVA is a programming language develop by ‘SUN MICROSYSTEM’
and Java was invented by ‘JAMES GOSLING’ in 1995. Java is for creating the Web Application.
You can download the latest version of Java programming language from this link https://java.com/en/download/windows-64bit.jsp.
WHAT IS PROGRAMING LANGUAGE?
The programming language is the language which to used communicate with the computer. The only way to communicate with the computer is through a programming language.
Because we all know that the (COMPUTER is an electronic machine which only understands electrical language)
The way through which we can communicate with the computer is through a programming language.
FEATURES OF JAVA —
OBJECT ORIENTED: Java is an Object Orient language.
PLATFORM INDEPENDENT: Java is a platform independent language we can use any program of java in any machine it has no limitation.
- • PORTABLE: Being architectural-neutral and having no implementation dependent aspects of the blueprint assembles Java transferable. The converter in Java is registered in ANSI C with a right assembles partition which is a POSIX subdivision.
- • ARCHITECTURAL-NEUTRAL: Java converter produces an architecture-neutral object file format, which makes the compiled code to be executable on many procedures, with the presence of Java runtime system.
- • SECURE: This feature enables to develop virus-free, tamper-free systems. Java authentication procedure is complete on public-key encryption.
- • ROBUST: Java makes an effort to eliminate error-prone situations by emphasizing mainly on compile time error checking and runtime checking.
- MULTITHREAD: With Java’s multithreaded feature, it is possible to write programs that can do many tasks simultaneously. This design feature allows creators to construct smoothly running interactive applications.
- • INTERPRETED: Java byte code is translated on the fly to native machine instructions and is not stored anywhere.
- • HIGH PERFORMANCE: When we use ‘Just-In-Time compilers’, Java enables high performance.
- Dynamic: Java is the review to be more strong than C or C++ since it is designed to adapt to an evolving environment. Java programs carry an extensive amount of run-time instruction that can be used to verify and fix gain to the item at run-time.
HISTORY OF JAVA
James Gosling initiated the Java language project in June 1991 for use in one of his many set-top box projects.
Sun Micro System has liberated the first public implementation administration as Java 1.0 in 1995. Java is Promising that make one time and run on every any Platform.
On 13 November 2006, Sun Micro System has freed a large amount of Java as free and open source software under the terms of the GNU
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED:
you will need only a computer doesn’t matter of which generation.
SOFTWARE YOU WILL NEED
- Linux or Windows XP/7/newer operating system.
- Java JDK(JAVA DEVELOPMENT KIT) 5 or newer.
- Notepad or any other text editor you want to use.
Comparing Java Source Code
Before running the Java program, we have to compile the Java source code in the byte code. Computing makes the javac compiler. Java’s byte code is platform independent. Survival of the platform means that it does not matter which computer you are running, Windows, Unix or make.
In the mind of any of you people, this question must have been raised that how can a Java language platform (Java can run easily in any machine)?
The direct answer is Java Virtual Machine. Which we call the JVM and the Cremation Machine. By the name of this machine, it would have, been clear that this is a delicate machine
Which is only made to relieve Java from the platform. Java’s byte code is written for this machine. And this machine works equally on all platforms. In different words
We can say that JVM is a layer between our machine and Java.
Now we will see how to compile Java programs. Suppose the name of the program is Xyz.java (the first letter of the program will always be larger).
Now see the command to compile it.
c: /> javac xyz.java
% javac xyz.java
If there is no error in the source code, then Java will create one or more class files. Each class file will be for a class of the program like if the program has two classes, it will create two class files. For the above program, it will create a file named Xyz.class.
How to run the Java program
Once you have successfully compiled the Java source code, you can give the command of Java to the Running machine by running the program’s byte code.
c: /> java Xyz.java
% java Xyz.jav